Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina--Pictures, Thoughts and Rants on a Deadly Killer!

These are pictures I've taken out and about in Ocean Springs, MS. No pictures are "borrowed" from the web. I have sent some pics in to the local newspaper via e-mail for publication, but all of these photos were TAKEN BY ME PERSONALLY, unless otherwise noted. I've lived in OS all of my life, and these are the first scenes I captured when I returned from Tallahassee, FL after Fleeing Hurricane Katrina. Come back often, as I have over 70 photos, that need to be uploaded!!!

Friday, September 09, 2005

More Pictures of Ocean Springs

What remains of two houses that used to sit on stilts on East Beach. These were beautiful creole style cottages. This is the corner of Ashley Place and East Beach. I was amazaed at the beach when I looked at the sand. It has an appearance of cleaniness. Almost as if having been raked. This is because the water/debris line was so many blocks north. Even the remnants of piers still stand because the water was so high, the wave action did not totally demolish them. Mind you, the piers are not functional...but remnants nonetheless...much more than what I was expecting to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home