Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina--Pictures, Thoughts and Rants on a Deadly Killer!

These are pictures I've taken out and about in Ocean Springs, MS. No pictures are "borrowed" from the web. I have sent some pics in to the local newspaper via e-mail for publication, but all of these photos were TAKEN BY ME PERSONALLY, unless otherwise noted. I've lived in OS all of my life, and these are the first scenes I captured when I returned from Tallahassee, FL after Fleeing Hurricane Katrina. Come back often, as I have over 70 photos, that need to be uploaded!!!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Restaurants of Days Gone By!!!

Since folks on the Discussion Board at the Sun Herald forums are talking about favorite restaurants, I thought I would post some pictures of some restaurants along Highway 90. Some of these names have come up in the discussion board, and some are just ones I thought I'd toss in to spark some memories.

Remember if you want to examine a photo more closely you can click on the photo to see it enlarged!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh....where our "mystery" begins....how fitting to have it as the first photo. There were also some great restaurants at the Beau...but to me one of the best was their BUFFETT...my gracious it had EVERYTHING!!!

This was Landry's...a once great place to enjoy seafood!

CAN YOU BELIEVE that this is what The Roadhouse Grill was reduced to? It was across the street from the Emerald Beach Hotel that is in the photos on the blog below.

Obviously...as the sign says...it WAS The Olive Garden. A favorite place to run to for lunch, as it's just down the road from my job. This shot is the side facing DeBuys Road (pronounced da bees) NOT the side on Highway 90. Nevertheless, anything that close to the Beach didn't have a chance.

This area is where McElroy's Harbor House Restaurant was. This is the Biloxi Harbor area. This building is the only thing left, and the bottom of it is gutted. Someone mentioned the "boat to Ship Island" in one post...The Pan-American Clipper was the boat that took tourists to the island, would depart from this harbor. One day recently, I was driving around the Ocean Springs Harbor near my home, and to my surprise the Pan-Am Clipper was moored there! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home